Doctor Visits From Hell

This week I went to the 'crazy' doctor You know the one - the shrink? I loathe going to doctor but I especially loathe going to that doctor. Why? Because every time I go it's another rehash of my life to date.

Let's see where shall I begin? Would you like to discuss the fact that all my siblings passed away thus making my mother some over blown version of a parent? The term helicopter parent was *invented* for her. She might have even been the original version. I can't be sure of it but I'm pretty sure if she wasn't the first she was definitely in the minority back then - you know, the 70's?

What? You weren't born yet? Well, take my word for it that it was a much different time evidenced by my favorite outfit of that time A criss-cross dress in a strawberry pattern that my mother made me. That dress, along with a pair of white go-go boots.

We lived in Florida at the time.
Those boots must have stunk to high heaven.

But I digress.

Should I start more recently? Perhaps my divorce and subsequent journey through hell. Yes, that's a great place to start. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to rehash the last 5 years of their life. I've certainly gotten the story down to the 'important' highlights.

No, I really do not want to go through any additional therapy.
What I do want are my meds - thankyouverymuch.

So, no, the shrink is not my favorite place to go.
I did enjoy meeting the woman though and I'm very happy she gave me my meds.
I feel better already.
xoxo, sober mommy