Laundry and Dirty Floors

Okay, I admit it. For many, many years now I’ve had someone come in and clean the house. I hate all of it. And don’t even get me started with moping the floors. I’ve never understood how they get so dirty with people who are walking around in their a) bear feet or b) socks. I mean seriously, shouldn’t the socks *at least* pick up some of the dirt?

Apparently not.

Over the last few weeks I’ve been cleaning the house myself. I would like to say that I am proud of the job that I’ve done but…..not so much. I clean like a mad woman for hours on Friday night (yeah – I know how to have a rocking time!) and by Monday….

Somehow though I guess through all the cleaning I’ve been neglecting the laundry. I can’t see how. I do a load a night. Where are ALL these clothes coming from?

Monday I started my stealth mission on finding out. It didn’t take long. In fact, it only took about 20 minutes.

Did you know that it’s possible for girls to wear upwards of 2-3 outfits a day? And do it somewhat legitimately. Here’s how:

1) Outfit 1: Pajamas
2) Outfit 2: School Clothes
3) Outfit 3: Gym Clothes (I thought briefly of saying use them again but honestly, they stink)
Now add in the following:
1) Fresh Towel
2) 2 Fresh Washcloths (One for the AM shower and one for washing face when you come home from school. Again, I thought about saying use them again but with the amount of money that’s been spent on trying to get the face sans pimples, well, just use another washcloth.)

Times two.

The baby is a whole other issue. She *has* to be changed multiple times a day due to her current desire to use a spoon. Man, I had forgotten that age. This sucks.

My husband and I? Work clothes, pajamas, towels.

Did you know that Kate Gosselin had a woman come in and do her laundry?
I didn’t but when I found this out this week I thought – THAT is what I want!
xoxo, sober mommy