A New Year, A New Me

Happy New Year!!

If anyone is still out there reading, I'm still here..
Obviously not writing. But that is due for a change.

I can't say that 2009 was a bad year unlike...say...2001-2004.

What I can say is that 2009 was the year where some of my priorities came back in line with where they were suppose to be all along. Priorities that were shifted due to emotional stress, lack of time, and worst of all, personal stupidity.

2009 was the year when I decided that I just had to be the person that I was - to stop hiding behind what I thought others wanted me to be or what others felt that I should be. To accept some of what I had not been able to accept (and note this is still a work in progress). In 2009 I found that, in a somewhat Sally Fieldish way, that **people really like me** - **they really do**.

What will 2010 bring?

I hope it brings more time with my family, a new friend or two, and more opportunities to help other women through recovery. Oh, and a slap on my hand for when I want to use commas because I'm dire need of slap.

Will I succeed? Let's check back in a year and see.
xoxo, sober mommy