Why The Show Wonder Pets Will Make You Crazy

I've come to the realization that kids television today is even more mind numbing than it was the last time I (used it as a babysitter) watched with lovingly with my child.


Oh, and as a side note, why DOESN'T Blogger let you use strikethroughs. I need them for affect Google (or is it effect? I'm still on vacation so my command of the English language is even less than normal).


Going back to the story at hand.


Since last week was the 40th anniversary of Seasame Street I thought, "What the hell Sobermommy? You've done such an AWESOME job of being the crazy-ass mother of an almost 2 year old let's have her watch a little TV?" (Actually, she was crawling on me for the 800th time that day that and was about to pull my hair out so she AND I needed a little time away from each other.) I've suspected that she's been watching TV for a while now but honestly? How much ESPN can you actually watch and retain? What is it doing does do to the brain?


Wait, I can answer that.


Apparently watching ESPN for roughly 3/4 of your waking time DOES allow you to know the statistics of every college football player alive but DOES NOT allow your brain to remember things like: clean the kitchen, do a load of laundry, or take the overflowing garbage out.


Okay, REALLY going back to the story at hand.


So, after I patted myself on the back for the totally awesome job I went to the TV to find out when Sesame Street was on. I went to PBS and searched, and searched, and searched. I knew that I'd probably have to DVR it but still, I thought I would find it.


Turns out I couldn't.


So I went to the next option. Nick Jr.

And there we found 2 year old nirvana.


The show: Wonder Pets.


Wonder Pets, while I've found to be an excellent babysitter, does have it's issues. There's a duck on it named Ming-Ming and she's got some sort of speech problem. GREAT I thought. Let's just pay all this money for speech therapy and have her listen to the stupid duck while it lisps. But, in the end, my super parenting skills won out and I decided that my sanity was more important than the potential of my daughter having a lisp.


I mean, come on, we can get rid of the lisp.

xoxo, sober mommy